Wednesday, January 12, 2011


Today I gave rm10 to charity..
I know it's not much but it took me a while to think if I should give my money or decline respectfully.
I do usually give out money when you know sometimes when you eat outside or at a mamak stall, you find those blind or handicapped asking for money in exchange you get a packet of tissue or a calender right?
I often give out rm1..
Sometimes they come in waves..
After you hand out rm1, another half an hour later, comes another fragile hand asking you to donate and give out a helping hand to the needy.
I admit, I do feel like driving at the highway and being charge a "toll" fee just by eating there.
but today I gave out rm10..
What I realize is that I didn't hesitate even a bit when I bought a box of cigarettes which cost me 10 ringgit.
But I hesitated when I wanted to hand out rm10 to a girl who asked me to donate to this Tahfiz Amal Institution while I was fueling up petrol for my car....
Maybe I just need to reduce buying cigarettes to lessen my guilt :p

P/S: I do hope the money REALLY does reach that Tahfiz Institution.


No comments:

Post a Comment